I realized I hadn’t said anything about the shows I’m doing this fall – in fact, I haven’t said much to you lovely folks lately. I had a fun Highway 1 Studio Tour two weeks ago to kick off my fall. I was at Wildflower Acres this year, near Morse, and if you get a chance you should definitely visit it. Vickie Phillips has a great place full of treasures.
Tomorrow is the first day of Fall Into Christmas, the local Big Show. It’s chock full of handcrafts, tasty treats and wonderful, Canadian made art. I have a corner booth this year that I am woefully unprepared for but I hope you’ll all come and visit and see the new work I’ve been doing. This show is always great and the organizer is fabulously well organized. She uses the show to do a ton of fundraising for the local high school music programs and the local women’s crisis shelter.
Then, later in the season, I’ll be doing the Sundog Handcraft Faire in Saskatoon. This will be my first time doing this show and I’m kind of excited. It runs November 29, 30 & December 1 at Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
I am a firm believer that putting things in writing gives them a much better chance of coming true, being successful. Putting them in writing out where people can see them even more so. So with that in mind here’s what’s up in the next few months:
- The Lilac Festival, May 30thÂ in Calgary. I’m at the NW corner of 14th Ave. and 4th St. Visit me please! And pray that the weather is lovely
- In June I teach classes at the Art Gallery in Swift Current. For the grownups we have Millefiori in Colour and for the smaller folk we have Turtle Rocks. You can sign up with Laurie!
- Of course, EVERY Tuesday we have Tuesdays with Laurie at the Art Gallery. It’s a drop in sort of thing for creative folks. Everyone is welcome. I’ve been semi-chronicling our activities over here
- The Bead Oasis Show, June 18, 19 and 20th in Calgary! If you love beads and you’re in Alberta this is the place to be. Let me know you saw my post or my blog and you can have a free pair of beads! I’m booth 110 which is just down the row from the entry way, on the left.
- Frontier Days – I’m thinking I’ll take a booth at the Stockade. Give it a shot. That’s June 30 to July 3rd.
- Summer Salon at the Art Gallery from July 10 to August 8. There’s a wine and cheese on July 17th which you should definitely come to. More than 20 local artists will have work in the show, including me if I get stuff done!
- Then there’s the Highway 1 Studio Tour at the end of September. I’ve been invited to play along and I’ll be stationed at the historic CPR station in Herbert.
- And the weekend after the Studio Tour is the Fall into Christmas which I am toying with. If I can get in I will do it! I’ve heard nothing but awesome about it and it’s local which is a total plus.
The last few are not all fleshed out yet so I’ll save the links and details until a little later. Feel free to ask me as the summer goes on how it’s all going or how it all went!
* the introductory picture has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the post. He’s just cute.