I don’t do much in the way of seed bead work and even when I did I never really did much in beading around cabs or flat backed bead pieces. I don’t usually use them for glue on work either. The end result is I never think to make these unless someone specifically requests them. A customer requested a few and they turned out delightfully.
So I made extras.
I’m probably still not going to bead those up but I have some fun metal pendant bezels these would be adorable with if I can find them.
I played with rose canes to make the stuff for this run. A customer requested a different style of rose than I normally do, with a little more furl to it. A more cabbage rose like thing. Since making rose is all about getting the shading in sort of the right now spots to make the illusion, experimenting can be weird.
The first experiment made the lavender one, not much different than my standard dealio. For the next two though, I paid more attention to spiraling the petals and putting the shading in the right spots. They came out pretty cool.
They then got used to make an adorable set of beads. I will have to make some beads and charms in the size I work in normally. These were much smaller than my usual.It was good to mix it up a little with the canes and the shading. It reminds me sometimes that I don’t do that nearly often enough.
I’m currently struggling with an order that requires a little thinking. Not much but just enough that I keep avoiding it. Sometimes, this means I do a dozen other semi-related projects on the way to the one. In this case… many, many beads including a few that are really far off my norm like the little soccer ball beads (right out of Yonat’s useful little tutorial).
The teal and brown flower discs were a tangent from yet ANOTHER avoided project. I told myself I would make petal canes to sell in my Etsy shop. I keep trying to make cute petal canes and not use them but er… I fail. This is one of the results. I’ll probably list some of the beads though! Or use them all, like last time.
The thinking part of the order is that I have to slightly alter my regular rose cane to make a more furled, cabbage rose like rose cane. The slices of lavender rose disc in the bead pile are my first try on this and I like it. The shading and shaping need a little playing with yet.