My peeps – that would be my kiddo and my guy – made me a nice stack of blends to use a few weeks ago. I’ve been using them for canes here and there but got the chance to crank out a little stack the other day:
For my ambitious upcoming plans there’s a heck of a lot of canes needed so the next few months will be canes and caned beads. Lots and lots of that.
I volunteer at the local public art gallery. On Sunday afternoons with a ton of the first snow of the season out there… it was dead. I usually try to work on arts and crafts while there to promote my classes and general art love and this Sunday was no exception. I prepped and made 3 pounds of skinner blends in all sorts of colours.
I have all of these ambitious goals for production and sales but really the only way it will work is if I am efficient. This means, where possible, working in batches. Next up is making those blends into what the schedule says they need to be. Yes, I have a production schedule. Sometimes I even stick to it. So these are some of the “big” canes that will get backgrounds.
The backgroundless canes that turn into big and small slice beads are on another table waiting to get chopped up into beads. After I get that plate of canes finished you can be some of those canes are going on these vases in one of my studio windows.
The current projects on my table need some warm toned canes that I was running low on. I bit the bullet and made a few and more leaf since I was out of that again. The first is a tiger lily I’m happy with. Getting the petals offset like a lily’s are (in two rows of 3 vs 6 petals all around a center) has always been a challenge and this finally came together as a solution.
I took a picture of it before filling the background and reducing for posterity sake (and in case it reduced so poorly that I needed better times to remember it by).
As it turns out I didn’t have to worry much. I got two daisies with white-ecru to warm tones, a try at a poppy for upcoming Remembrance Day beads the lily and a leaf. My hands are sore!