What strikes me as the best part is just how many different people I’ve seen talking about Earth Day and being ‘green’ lately. While I’m perforce talking about the online community it’s still an increase in consciousness about how necessary each step is.
For example, I read a variety of productivity and personal finance blogs, craft and community blogs as well as surf several art and craft related forums. The conversation is carried from one to the next. And some of the ideas are idealistic or unrealistic but many are normal people’s real life solutions. Take a look:
- SherryTruit, a well known Etsy seller, started a useful thread on the Etsy forums
- J.D. Roth of Get Rich Slowly has a post for today about how frugal and environmentally conscious go hand in hand
- Julie has several posts on Polymer @ CraftGossip to do with clay
- Katie Hacker has bead people ideas
- Artfire has a little article on setting up an office from a greener perspective
- My previous Earth day posts for clayers and for general craft and small biz types